OMNi Operational on AMC-18
February 7, 2017
It's official! The five U.S. commercial radio networks who operate their own satellite systems are now up and running on the new AMC-18 at 105 degrees West Longitude. This is the long-term replacement for AMC-8 at 139 degrees West Longitude, which has exceeded its design life and is not being replaced by an equivalent C-band satellite at the same location.
The five networks - Learfield, Orbital Media Networks (OMNi), Premiere Networks, Skyview Networks, and Westwood One - now have their full complements of satellite-delivered programming available on their new frequencies on AMC-18. This includes all show titles, satellite channels, contact closures, PAD data, cue messages and file-delivery channels - the same ones you are familiar with from AMC-8.
It also includes programming from syndicators who lease their satellite time from these five companies. A partial list of those syndicated programs is included in our FAQ document at http://www.amc8migration.com/docs/RNUG_FAQ.pdf
February marks the five-month countdown to U.S. commercial radio programming being permanently removed from AMC-8 at 139 West. June 30, 2017, is the final date for all affiliates to have their satellite downlinks repointed to 105 West.
Read more: OMNi Operational on AMC-18
Rocky Mountain News Network
Bring the news of the Centennial State to your station with the Rocky Mountain News Network
Introducing the Rocky Mountain News Network, the barter-based source for widespread coverage of Colorado news, sports, politics, agriculture, and lifestyle features.
Your listeners will have the latest Colorado updates through well crafted and finely delivered daily reports. In addition to on-air content, RMNN realizes the importance of online content to affiliates. RMNN affiliates will have access to online content that can be automatically imported into your station's website.
RMNN reporters and anchors utilize the power of a statewide radio network to gather information that has the most impact on your listeners.
- Timely news, sports and agriculture reports that affect all of Colorado
- Well written and delivered reports seven days a week
- A variety of program options to fit your station's format
- Major event feature reports, such as winter and summer games, festivals and political/election reports
- Staff of professional radio and network news anchors and reporters
- Affiliate portal, complete with rip-n-read text and audio for your local newscast usage
- Easily contained spots inside of reports to meet barter requirements
- No monthly fees
- Simple affidavit process
- Delivered by XDS platform, providing playback scheduling
- Content delivered over air may also be incorporated into station's website
- Stations may join all three networks or choose the combination that best fits the station format
- 24/7/365 technical support